Today I went to the Canadian museum of Civilisation for my schools winter fest. It was amazing!!!! My favourite part of the museum was the Native section because I have always been fascinated with the Native Americans, and their art.
| The Haida village |
| Beaded bag |
| A Haida mask |
Imprint of a Native man
A amuti, a Inuit coat worn by woman.
Made so they can carry a baby in the hood
The turtle said to carry the world on it's back.
Haida lodge
See that box at the top?
From what I know it is supposed to
contain the remains of a dead chief.
Indian trading center.
A glass floor showing real old tools and weapons.
After the Native sight, I headed to what came after the Natives in CanadaModel of a ship that would of taken people over to North America.
Man handing his wife a box from thier boat.
Larger model of a boat.
Inside the large model boat.
and I could even go inside the buildings.
The hospital room
The jail cell
Two worried looking men. Didn't have time to find out who they were. We only had an hour in the museum. Hardly enough time to read and see everything.
The rich person's living room.
The bar.
The class room.
After I zoomed through the sights, I came out under the very colourful doom. Than I had to go to the Imax theatre at the museum and watch " Extreme sports." Good movie, but the motion sickness I got was not worth it. I hope I can go back again, and get more time to browse around. Definitely a museum I recommend.
No comments:
Post a Comment