Sunday, 5 May 2013

What a Weekend!!






Well this weekend has been a crazy weekend. Basically all we had planned for this weekend didn't happen or was done a very different way because our van broke down. And when your van breaks down in the middle of nowhere you got to be creative. So this is what we did to still make our weekend enjoyable.

Saturday

Our original plan, go visit our uncle and see our grandma who just got back from  British Columbia.
What we did? We celebrated



May the 4th be with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or Star Wars day.

May seem a little silly, but we are HUGE Star Wars fans in this house. So I did the little girl's hair like princess Leia, and dressed my little brother up as Darth Vader. They then drew some Star Wars pictures and talked all Star Wars. After lunch, us older kids headed up the hill and had our own celebration. Ate Lazar beam gummies and Death Star choclets. ( sour jub jubs, and chocolate covered almonds) and faced painted   ( though it was really hard to do because of all those nasty imperial flies biteing our flesh and we had forgot our paint brush ) The really cool thing about that hike is we saw a porcupine!!! After dinner we watched some Star Wars to finish our celebration.



Sister with a Yoda face paint though she looks more military to me.


Had a lot of fun painting my walking stick.
That little furry lump in the tree. That's the porcupine. In case you don't know, they are very spiky creatures that can literally shoot needles at you if you get in their way. We kept our distance.


Slumping down in the living room watching Star Wars                    "A New Hope"

Sunday

Original plan, go to church and the elementary school my siblings go to 50th anniversary in the van. What happened? We walked the 7km to church and the school, and I set  a new record  because I walked  it all with babies and backpacks in bare feet. My feet sure hurt right now, but no blisters!!! We got a ride home, which was really nice. As I waited for my ride home, I played a game of basket ball with one of my guy friends and I fell and scraped a nice portion of my knee off. Looked very bloody, but I kept playing. When I got home my dad said that instead of four cats we now had seven!! That meant Oreo had kittens!!!!

Hiking down the highway

Taking a snack on the side of the highway.


Oreo's three kittens!!








No comments:

Post a Comment