Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Snake bite!!!!!!!!!


So I have had a real backwood Canadian experiance. I was working at a camp called Chilawee Trails as a kitchen assistant, and after doing some chore ( forget which one) I came outside and some people were getting over excited about a garter snake. They were afraid it would scare the kids and etc. I had seen my brother pick up one of these kinds of snakes so I thought "No problem, I'll just pick it up." So I grabbed it as close to the head as I could and lifted it up. Well I guess I wasn't close enough to the head and it swung around and bit me. Now you would imagine that it would hurt, but it didn't hurt at all. I wasn't even sure if it's teeth had penetrated my skin yet.( I just learned that garter snakes don't have fangs, but have bass like teeth. a cool fact!!) Anyhow I knew garter snakes were not poisonous so I just lifted his jaws off my knuckles and posed for several pictures like the one above, then I carried it to the road and put it on the side of the road and watched it slither away. They are truly cool creatures and leave an amazing looking mark on your body when they bite! lol. Anyway hopefully next time I pick up one of those snakes I don't get bitten. It's kind of cool though that I can say I have been bitten by a snake!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment