Experimental Crafting.
Today was
a snow day (a day when buses don’t run because of weather) so all us kids were
home. My sickness is starting to go away so I felt that I could at last do
something productive. I fed my duck, chickens, and cats, did some writing, and
even ate some breakfast. (Which I don't normally do) Then my little sisters
gave me a problem to solve. Every other tree in the house has something like a
star, angel, or Santa on top except for theirs. Unfortunately we don't have any
more store bought tree tops to put on top of their tree. So that was my
mission. To provide for the top of their tree. So this is what happened.
I went to my jewelry box and pulled out my
beads, wire, and tools, and decided to try to make a tree top star out of all
this. (My brother and I make jewelry for fun, so we have a lot of stuff we use
for jewelry making) I was a little disappointed that my wire guage was a very
thin one, not very stable, but I didn't have any thicker wire left so I had to
make do. I called my little sister down and we started our experimental craft.
I let my sisters choose the colours and they chose pink, red, yellow, and orange.
 |
Little brother exploring
my collection of beads. |
 |
Sister threading her beads on a strand of
wire. |
We decided that it should be a four point
star, because it would be easier to make, so each girl Start to thread a wire with their colour
beads. After four strands of
wire were strung with beads, I attached two wires together, then crossed two
strands of these strands, and added a bead in the middle, which was the hardest
part of the whole project. After that, excited by the looks of their creation,
they eagerly headed for their their tree and we attempted to put up their star.
Unfortunately as I had suspected the wire was to flimsy, and the star kept
toppling over. However we found that if we hung it on the tree it looked very
nice. So our tree top story ends as we didn't get a tree top, but we did get a
very pretty Christmas tree ornament.
 |
| Our finished creation. |
We liked them so much we made more.
No comments:
Post a Comment